The Natalie & Alice Fish Story

We are the Fishes. In 2011 two of our five children; Natalie and Alice were diagnosed with a rare gene disfunction called Leaky SCID (Severe Combined Immune Deficiency). Their condition is so rare that only two cases are reported in the U.S. each year. Both girls have endured much, and have spent most of their young lives in and out of hospitals due to common illnesess a healthy immune system would overcome. The required treatment for our girls is a bone marrow transplant.
Although the new marrow could mean a normal life for them, it will be a long and arduous road. This blog is to share our experience as parents and the courage of our children.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Riddle

Just for fun...I'm stalling while I get my summer post done, my brain got distracted with this riddle.  I started to solve it, got frustrated after nearly 40 minutes....I know that is sad, but I had to step away for a moment then started fresh again.  My goodness I haven't really used my brain in a long time in this way...I don't have to think like this to make dinner, clean a house and play with the kids.  It was good for me.  Give it a try.

Lisy




Einstein wrote this riddle early during the 19th century. He said 98% of the world could not solve it. 


"There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage."
The question is: Who owns the fish?
Hints:

1.    The Brit lives in the red house.
2.    The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3.    The Dane drinks tea.
4.    The green house is on the left of the white house.
5.    The green homeowner drinks coffee.
6.    The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7.    The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8.    The man living in the center house drinks milk.
9.    The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10.  The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11.  The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12.  The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
13.  The German smokes prince.
14.  The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15.  The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

3 comments: